Friday, August 14, 2015

{Montana Bride Featured E-Session} Meagan + Tim | Missoula MT


Tim and I met in 2014 not long after I relocated to Las Vegas from the East Coast. I didn’t know anyone in the area, and I had a very demanding job at the time. So, I decided to try the online dating thing ( I can’t believe I did that). I met Tim about 3 weeks after moving, and thought the date was going to be a bust, after I was pulled over by a cop on the way there. I was so late to the date that I thought he would have left. BUT surprisingly enough, Tim was waiting at the entrance for me. I was shocked. After talking to him for a bit, I thought he was a sweet guy, but wasn’t sure he was the guy for me. So after the date, we shook hands goodbye and I thought that would be the last time I saw him. Tim was very persistent, and through lots of calls and texts later, I agreed to go on another date with him, and man am I glad I did. With each date, I begin to fall for Tim more and more (I know so cliché) I realized how down to earth he was, and how selfless, and thoughtful he was. And he wasn’t this way to just me, it was anyone he came in contacted with. He genuinely had a kind soul. I knew I loved Tim when he brought me home to Montana for the first time to meet his family. Seeing how he interacted with his siblings and his parents melted my heart. Not only did that do it, but our returning flight home had been cancelled. I was so upset because I had an event to be at the next morning for work, and my dog had been pinned up all day, and my sitter left to go out of town for the rest of the week. My poor animal would be pinned up for over 18 hrs without food, and my apartment complex wouldn’t let anyone else in the apartment without me being there. Tim bought me a full priced last minute one way ticket back the next morning and stayed behind until another flight was available for him to fly standby on. What a gem!

A few more months went by, and Tim and I decided to take a spur the moment trip to Seattle (which is where Tim is originally from). He had the whole weekend planned. Much to our luck, the weather was beautiful! Sunny, and clear skies (weird for Seattle right?) Tim took me all over the city – Pikes Market, Century Link Field, and down by the pier. He started acting really anxious and antsy. We decided to walk down the pier and put our name in for dinner at Fisherman's right on the water. It was PACKED (and Tim gets nervous around big crowds). We walked out by the pier, and after adjusting where we were standing about 15 times, we found a spot by the Great Wheel which is where Tim dropped down on one knee and asked me to marry him. He stated that from our first date that he knew I was the girl he was going to marry. Little did I know he already had reservations made at the restaurant we had put our name in at and had champagne waiting! (Good thing I said yes).



When it came time to picking our wedding venue there was no second guessing – we were going to get married in Montana. It actually ended up working out because we relocated to Missoula about 2 months before the wedding (what were we thinking relocating, buying a house, and getting married in a two month period). Ironically, Montana bride helped us tremendously when planning our wedding. We found our venue (BruMar Estate) our cake lady (Patti Cakes) and our DJ! We did A LOT of research on photographers before picking one, and there was just something about Dax’s style that we fell in love with. He didn’t just take pictures. He seemed to really capture the emotion in all of his subjects. Especially weddings and engagement. Tim and I wanted to do something fun with our engagement photos - So we combined our love for vintage themes and aviation together! We laughed the entire time. I will admit, it was quite chilly doing this and I was FREEZING in a lot of these photos because of the storm rolling in but it was worth it. In fact, the Director of the airport actually shut down one of the runways entirely so we could get these shots! We partnered with the national forest service and we were able to use some of their planes as props for our photos too! All in all it was amazing and I think our pictures really tell a love story.


If I could brides any tips about their engagement session I would say get creative. Don’t worry about all the specific poses and shots. Let the photographer handle that and just go with it. The more fun you have the better your pictures will look. Use props! I think it’s fun having a theme. Dress up, and enjoy the moment. Don’t worry about the weather being perfect either. The pictures actually turn out so much better when there is a little bit of wind, or if there are some clouds in the sky. Or maybe right after a fresh downpour. I know these pictures aren’t our wedding photos, and I know the information is about engagement, but through my wedding planning, that is one thing I wish more places would have posted things about. Engagement pictures set the tone of the rest of your planning and wedding. People use these pictures to put on their save the dates and invites and they are just as important! Knowing how soon to get them done, having extra outfits to change into, bringing some makeup for touch ups, etc.
 

 Photography by Dax Photography

4 comments:

  1. nice blog..
    bridal online blog : http://www.bridalonline.de/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a wonderful collection of pictures you have shared here with us. I really liked the pictures you have posted both of them are looking so adorable.
    I want to share an informative thing about cellulite. Cellulite become a big problem today which makes our body appearance ugly but with cellulite exercises you can remove it from your body very easily.

    ReplyDelete