Tuesday, April 19, 2016

{Montana Bride Featured Wedding} | Melissa + Jarrod | Big Sky, MT

We know everyone hopes for gorgeous weather on their wedding day, but this is Montana. It can snow one day and be sunny the next. You never know what you're going to get. So let this Rainbow Ranch wedding be a lesson to you brides and grooms to be... the sun does not need to be shining in order for your wedding to be a blissfully happy affair. Melissa and Jarrod are glowing so much it doesn't even seem like they notice the wet weather. Captured by the amazing Larry Stanley, it's a truly beautiful Big Sky celebration and you can see it right here in the 2016 issue of Montana Bride Magazine.













From the bride... My good friend invited me to a barbecue at her colleague’s house. Within five minutes of arriving at the party I met Jarrod, the twin brother of my friend’s colleague’s husband. The rest is history. Unbeknowst to me, Jarrod planned to prepare my favorite Mexican food and totransform our patio into a Dia de los Muertos wonderland of lights, flowers, and papel picdo for a surprise proposal. That morning, I decided to work from home instead of going to the office. To get me out of the house, he exploited my lack of technological know-how and unplugged our router. To his dismay, I discovered the modem was unplugged and "fixed" it. He then tried to recruit my sister in Washington to help convince me to work at the office. No such luck. When I left to walk the dogs, he turned off the power in the entire house. At that point, I had to head to the office. It was all worth it when I got home and he walked me out onto the completely transformed patio, got down on his knee and pulled out the ring. I was born and raised in Bozeman and may parents still live there. Jarrod had been to Montana and loved it, so when we decided we wanted a small wedding with only our closest friends and family, we know Montana would be a perfect place.

Vendors:
Photographer: Larry Stanley Photography / Ceremony & Reception: Rainbow Ranch / Coordinator: Mollie Eckman/Rainbow Ranch / Florist: Katalin Green / Catering & Cake: Rainbow Ranch / Band: The Cold Hard Cash Show / DJ: DJ AJ (Aaron Hjelt) / Sound & Lighting: DJ AJ (Aaron Hjelt) / Makeup: Jennifer Frederick / Wedding Dress: Rue de Seine / Veil: Erin Cole (borrowed from bride’s sister) / Shoes: Miu Miu / Cape: (custom made by Rosa Bonilla) / Bracelet: Vintage / Invitations: Pinwheel Studio / Officiant: Mike Miles (lifelong family friend of bride’s parents)

No comments:

Post a Comment