Thursday, June 13, 2013

Hearts & Thanks

Working with families planning weddings is a real privilege.  It’s an important day, one of the most important; the beginning of something new but also the continuation of and growth of family.  Two become one, both as a couple and as family. 

This is not to say it’s always an easy process, because as we all know, just because its ‘family’ does not make it easy.  Ask any Bride, Mother, or wedding planner if you don’t believe me!  But ultimately, what makes family so precious is no matter what was happening a few minutes ago, when the chips are down, when the rubber hits the road, they are there with you.  I am often asked about the most important piece of advice I would offer in planning a wedding.  It’s this…embrace those around you!  Forgive the past and look to the future. Begin this new chapter fresh and bring all that are important along with you.  Love and forgiveness sometimes come hand in hand.  So reach out, embrace, hug, cry, laugh and enjoy! 

Now I want to take a moment to say how important my family, actual and extended, are to me.  It’s a busy world for all of us, and it’s so easy to get caught up in the day to day.  I am lucky enough to see some of them on a daily basis, while others are far away.  But what I know is whether far or near, they are all there for me.  To write it down and realize it, “they are there for me”, it’s really an amazing thought, the idea of unconditional love. So to all of you I say Thank you!!  Thank you for being there, for loving me, for allowing me to love you, for bearing with me, for forgiving me, for accepting me and for allowing me to be part of your life.  Thank you!!  I know I don’t say if often enough, but it’s important for each of you to know how important you are to me.  Love to you all!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment