Friday, April 25, 2014

{Featured Montana Bride Wedding} Koriann + Clay

As soon as we saw this wedding from Josh and Kathy at Lockie Photography, we knew we wanted to run it as a Montana Bride Blog Feature!  It's everything we are looking for in a Montana Bride wedding….fun, flirty, emotional and beautiful.  Congratulations to Koriann + Clay, what an amazing day!  


How Did you Meet?  
We met playing at the Spring Thaw Volleyball Tournament at Petra Academy exactly a year before the date of our wedding. Actually, Clay would hardly give me the time of day at that tournament but I knew he was the one for me so I was definitely not giving up!




When did you know he/she was the one you wanted to spend your life with?
Koriann: I knew the minute I met Clay. I know it sounds cliche, but there was something different about him and I had immediately fallen in love with who he was.

Clay: I knew in October when I really sat down to think about what Koriann meant to me. I realized that I did not want to live my life without her.






Besides getting married – whats the one thing you looked forward to most on your wedding day?
Clay was looking forward to how he would feel when he saw Koriann walking down the aisle. 


Koriann was looking forward to their reveal. We had our reveal in the gymnasium where we met. We wrote letters to each other and read them aloud before we turned around and saw each other for the first time that day. It was one of the most special moments I have ever experienced.








Tell us about the proposal! Were you surprised?
It was amazing! We had been talking about getting married for a couple of months prior to the proposal in December. We were out looking for our Christmas tree and Clay had asked me if I had ever heard of a "blanca truffle". Of course I said no, because as you will find out.. there's no such thing. He said that it's an after Christmas tree cutting tradition that you go look for these "blanca truffles" that sort of resemble a white mushroom. He said they were mostly found in dry rotten stumps and you really have to look in them to find one. Of course we went searching and it started taking quite a while. After some time, Clay had pointed something out in one of the stumps. He said, "Babe! Come here I found one!" He was pointing under the tree and when I went to grab it.. it ended up being a ring box. When I turned around he was down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It was a day I will never forget!








All married couples have their quirks. What is something silly or quirky the other person does?
Clay always has 2 peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for his lunch and has for over 15 years.

Koriann has a very loud distinctive laugh accompanied by various snorts. :)









What is the one thing you love most about each other?
Koriann: I love the way Clay treats me. He genuinely cares about how my day is, makes sure I am always comfortable, and still to this day, he will never let me open my own car door. He would literally do anything for me and I feel like the most important person in the entire world.

Clay: Of course I love the way that Koriann treats me, but also how her contagious personality and laugh can always put a smile on anyone's face.












Photography by Lockie Photography
Rings: Jensen Jewelers
Cake: Erin Hageman (Friend)
DJ: Jorge Adrian
Wedding Dress: After 5 & Weddings
Tuxes: Persnickety
Catering: Just A Taste Catering
Makeup: Blush

No comments:

Post a Comment