Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Inspiration Found!

We are lucky to live in a place where there are plenty of areas to go cut down our Christmas Tree.  A $5 permit, a saw, and some good winter boots were all we needed this year to head out on our expedition.  Little did I know that my daughter is the pickiest person in the world when it comes to Christmas trees.  Actually I knew it, but was hoping it was just a passing phase.  The long and short of it was we got to spend A LOT of time in the woods looking for a tree!  While she was busy exploring deep into the woods for the pefect tree, I had plenty of time to enjoy the beautiful surroundings and to look for inspiration.  As soon as I saw this moss covered piece of wood, I knew I wanted to use it in a design.  So I picked it up and handed it to my son so he could carry it....lol!  By the end of our day, we had a suitable tree (ahhh the ongoing search for the bliss of perfection), and the entire family was carrying bits of inspiration, some larger than others!  It all ended up in our shop to keep our hanging tumbleweeds (watch for that in a future post) company.  So keep your eyes open, you never know what you will stumble across.

This arrangement was for our favorite Sushi place, Seven Sushi & Sake in Bozeman.  Stop by, have some great sushi and check out our weekly arrangement.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment