Friday, May 9, 2014

{Featured Montana Bride Wedding} Katie + Connor


I’m a Montana girl living in a California world! My husband and I met at California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, fell in love, bought a home in San Clemente, CA.



When we decided to get married, I  told him that 1. I’m taking your last name, and 2. we bought a house in California…We’re getting married in Montana! I grew up in Billings/Livingston, MT.  Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall, it was a monthly tradition to go swimming at Chico.  After I went away to college, whenever I’d come home my mother & I would sneak away for a few days to soak & enjoy Chico’s serenity.  It was my absolute dream to get married in Pray, MT. And let me be the first to tell you, it was a dream wedding.
















We got married on the Summer Solstice, the longest day of the year, which meant half of the pictures you see were taken at 9:30 at night. The most beautiful thing about the wedding, other than becoming husband and wife, is that it showcased talents of many of our guests. My father made the wedding pies, my good friend helped decorate the reception hall, another family member had the arch made, our good friend, who happens to be a photographer, took all of our pictures & video. It turned out to be the perfect day! We had 50 Californians spend a week at Chico Hot Springs & go white water rafting, visit Yellowstone National Park and Lewis & Clark Caverns. By the time the wedding came they were regular Montanans. Tonya, Andrew & Shelly were incredible wedding coordinators at Chico Hot Springs, the day went off perfectly. I believe my dad noted that it was a “miracle” how smoothly all the little details came together.




















































Photography: Jessica Wolfe Photography
Wedding Pies: Martin Egeland, Father of the groom
Dress: Nicole Miller

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete